a fig for care, a fig for woe!

Friday, July 27, 2007

It's Gonna Be Pissing On Us All Night

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain!

Last week I took a trip down to hectic San Antonio to visit T. I left at 2pm, and thanks to the ridiculous downpour and about a billion other turds who apparently had the same fucking idea as me, it took 3 1/2 hours to get there.


On the way, stuck in thick stop-and-go traffic, I took in plenty of bizarre sights from the road: a submerged SUV, a couple fighting outside their car in the rain, and of course, Juanes and his deadly sinful eyebrows:


On Saturday we went to lunch at Chris Madrid's. Good little burger place. They got their own thing going there, piling melted cheddar cheese on anything and everything, and it was just the stuff my hungover queasy stomach needed for the drive back home (which, thankfully, only took the usual 1 hour). Fuck you, I-35!


Here's a shot of the little Walnut Creek trib behind work that I go check out from time to time. It was flooding quite a bit the other day and had risen around four feet:

No comments: