a fig for care, a fig for woe!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Go Botz

Holy shit! Jake la Botz. I really dig this guy's fucking music. Apparently, so does Buscemi. I mentioned him as a standout on the Little Radio 2007 SXSW compilation (son of a bitch! that would have been a nice show) with his tune "For the Brothers." I checked out his myspace, which has some great videos on it. Come to find out, this was the guy that played the slide-guitar rapist slash lead singer of my favorite fake band from a film, Blueshammer from Ghost World. Fortunately his stuff sounds nothing like that mess - "I been ploooooooowing, picking cotton all day long." Heheh. I hope to pick up his latest record, Graveyard Jones, very soon. He's coming to inkfest on September 21 (what a month for music). I fuckin love it, you can pay him $400 to come play your tattoo parlor. It's gotta sound great with the buzz of the needles in the background.

No comments: