a fig for care, a fig for woe!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Event Horizon

Hooooly shit. After 8 long years with the switch stuck on "full retard," we have arrived to November 4, 2008. The top half of the oft consulted hourglass in my brain is just about run out of sand. Hopefully when it's all said and done tonight, I'll be able to take that bitch out to the woods and smash it to fucking pieces. But as I watch CNN's holo-correspondent Jessica Yellin report in from Chicago, all the 51/49%'s flying by on the bottom caption fill me with a persistent sense of dread that I just can't shake. The idea of the election is so clean, but I have to keep reminding myself that it's likely to be picked apart by lawyers and judges over the next week like scavenging birds over a rotting carcass. Unless of course it's a blowout, which doesn't seem possible given America's bipolar disorder.

No comments: