a fig for care, a fig for woe!

Monday, August 20, 2007

Par for the course

Played some frisbee golf this weekend. My impeccable form:



And that of my brother:



We watched The Fountain yesterday and it was terrible. I'm almost done with season 3 of The Wire and it just keeps getting better and better. Brother Mazone just rolled back into town, looking to finish business with Omar. Ah shit, it's going to be good.

Still playing a lot of Day of Defeat and looking to probably get Company of Heroes in the next couple of months. DOW: Dark Crusade is awesome but the single player campaign system is pretty grueling. I was amazed the other day with the power of a quickly built, mass imperial guard infantry army. With a command squad distracting their HQs space marines and chaos can be fairly easily overwhelmed if they haven't yet built up vehicles or dreadnoughts.

The Vick bust has come full circle. I feel slightly conflicted about the deal, honestly, because while I feel justified in thinking some douche that kills dogs for sport should go away for a long time, I can't help also feeling a bit raw that the media is in complete control of my judgement from the arrest to the plea bargain. Emotional manipulation, call it. What the fuck do I really know about this guy, his buddies, and the whole shebang? Meh.

No comments: